In some Olympic sports, such as diving, the athlete receives scores based on several trials. In diving, each trial is a separate dive. A diver’s score is the sum of the different dive scores in different trials. What is the best way to maximize the chance of getting a medal?
Women’s springboard diving rules (link):
- Women must complete five dives.
- There is no limit on the total degree of difficulty for these dives.
- At least one dive during the contest must come from each of five different categories – forward, back, reverse, inward, and twisting.
- No dive can be repeated in a list of dives.
- Divers must select dives ahead of time and cannot change the order
Men’s platform diving rules (link):
- Men must complete six dives.
- There is no limit on total degree of difficulty for these dives.
- For the men, at least one dive during the…
View original post 961 more words