Allen bailochan Tuladhar
Security Onion is one of my favorite tools. Doug Burks did an amazing job pulling many of the top open source Network Security Monitoring (NSM) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) programs. You can run Security Onion in Live CD mode, or you can install it and run it off of your hard drive.
It’s based on Xubuntu 10.04 and contains a ton of programs including Snort, Suricata, Sguil, Squert, argus, Xplico, tcpreplay, scapy, hping, and many other security tools. Sounds complicated right? Well, Doug has done the hard work in pulling all these tools together into an easy to use Linux distribution.
Run this on a system that has two network cards and you have a complete NSM/IDS system. One NIC connects to your network or the internet side of your traffic and records and monitors every packet that comes in or goes out of your system. The second NIC…
View original post 62 more words
wowo god woow
This is a story from the time I was in grade six twenty seven years ago.
We had Moral Science (Naitik Shiksha) in the fifth period, and in the sixth Social Studies (Samajik Shiksha). Both subjects started with stories on the creation of the earth. The first said everything on earth was made by God from the flesh and bones of Madhu and Kaitav, two powerful demons. The second had a detailed story of the natural formation of the solar system and planet earth from a huge rotating cloud of gas and dust in the post-Big Bang eon.
Teachers made us learn these stories almost line by line no matter whether they made any sense to us or not. And we did. Whether anyone knew why the same earth was created in two different ways did not matter. Things went on as they were set to…
View original post 344 more words
Neonate Q: I want the adult population to get some facts straight, and what a way to start by giving this exclusive interview to you.
[A neonate is a designated term applied to babies which are up to 28 days, after that they will be termed as infants.]
MM: what was it like to stay in a uterus for about 9 months?
Neonate Q :To be frank, it has its pros and cons.
- It’s damn warm there, I don’t know how she maintained the heating system there, but it was always warm and cozy.
- The food that we got from her blood supply was always sufficient for me and sometimes when I wanted more, she would allow, we did not have any limitation.
View original post 541 more words
memory dump used for pulling passwords
Hakin9 is well known in the security circles and is just a great magazine. It is known as “A magazine for IT security professionals by IT security professionals”. It covers some of the latest information on attack and defense tactics that are out there.
For those of you who are not familiar with Hakin9, the Worldwide IT Security magazine started in 2005 and is released 4 times a month:
- Hakin9 (release date:1stof each month) – 50 pages of content dedicated to IT security, few regular columns written by specialists
- Hakin9 Mobile (release date: 7th of each month) – 40 pages of content devoted to hacking and security of mobile devices and applications
- Hakin9 Extra (release date: 15thof each month) – 50 pages of strictly topical content dedicated each time to different hot security topic
- Exploiting Software (release date: 22nd of each month) – 40 pages of content dedicated to latest…
View original post 216 more words
CIA Web Information security